Pages

Friday 13 December 2013

FO: One Mystery Shawl

I'm going to come straight out with it: I knitted my wedding shawl. That needs clarification: I knitted one of my wedding shawls. Call me crazy, but I knew I wanted to make a super-special shawl with this yarn, because I love it - the fibre, the colour, the saturation,... - plus it came to me via some people who are very special to me (hi guys!). However, I'm not dead set on having such a striking colour wrapped around my shoulders when the other colour I'm wearing is more-or-less white:


One trip to Yarndale with former housemate and first-class enabler Hannah meant I also have some beautiful laceweight, that is more of a traditional colour for a wedding shawl. I plan to knit that into something too (pattern yet to be determined!) and then make a decision nearer the big day. Either way, I'm not particularly happy showing the projects off in such a public arena, so I will leave you with a photo of my leftover yarn from the shawl I've just finished, to whet your appetite.


Yarn: Wollmeise "Pure" 100% Merino Superwash [rav link] 150g/575yds. Colourway: Der letzte Versuch = 'the last attempt'. I can only guess how that day of yarn dying was going!
Pattern: Tornved by Karina Westermann [rav link]. Loved it, well-written and easy to modify - I did five repeats of the main chart, instead of the three recommended, as I had lots of yarn. Though as you can tell from the above, that did cut it rather fine on the yarn front!

No comments:

Post a Comment