Pages

Friday 24 February 2012

Totally Addicted To Socks

The blog silence can be blamed on many things - busy work, busy life - but the main reason is this: socks. I have been addicted to sock knitting recently, and it shows no sign of stopping. And I'm not sure vanilla socks make for good blog fodder. I did make a pair of monkeys but failed to photograph them before posting them off, and the recipient has not sent me one.

Aside from those, I have made some vanilla socks for my Mum, using Regia 4ply (bought in my local Hobbycraft).


My second pair is also vanilla socks, made for a Uni friend with cold feet, from King Cole Zig Zag (shade 764), bought from my LYS, baa ram ewe.
Both involved mainly involved 64 stitches on 2.25mm needles. Both started with Judy's Magic Cast On (8 stitches on each of the two needles involved), increasing 4 stitches every other row until reaching the 64, short row heels, and knitting the final rib for 8 rows on 2mm needles. The top ones involved some calf increases as Mum wanted them a little longer.

I still feel like I'm perfecting my vanilla sock technique, but it's getting there. The next step is probably an afterthought heel. Though next on the list sock-wise is Wanida by Cookie A [rav link] from her earlier book, Sock Innovation. Fingers crossed I can handle it!

No comments:

Post a Comment